I was nominated by Kelly of Dancing Through the Pages, thank you so much for nominating my blog! From what I understand, you answer their 11 questions, then you nominate 11 people with under 200 followers, and post 11 new questions for them to answer.
Link and thank the blogger that nominated you
Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
Ask the 11 nominated bloggers 11 questions and tell them you’ve nominated them
1. What was the last book that made you cry?
The last book that made me cry was Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. Not to spoil anything, but the part of the ending was heartbreaking, I sobbed like a baby and cursed the world.
2. What is a really underrated book that you would love to see on the big screen? Why?
I don’t know if it qualifies as underrated by I would love to see a movie of Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. The book is absolutely amazing and seeing it on the big screen would be magical if done right. I consider it an underrated book just because I personally don’t know many people that have read it and I never hear people talking about it.
3. What is something in a book that has to be well-done for you to like it? (For me, it’s characterization.) Is it plot, setting, characters, etc?
I have to agree, characterization is key. I don’t care how good the plot is, if the characters suck, I’m not going to give a crap. But if the plot is bad but I love the characters, I can usually make my way through the book.
4. Is there a book that you consider your guilty pleasure? If so, why?
The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. I completely stand by these books, they are amazing and so well written. The only reason I consider them guilty pleasure is because when I try to explain them to people, they sound kind of dorky, like a typical sexy paranormal romance mass paperback book series. They aren’t. Also, I reread them constantly because the romance is smoking and the fight scenes are beyond badass. Definitely a guilty pleasure read.
5. What is your favorite book setting? (Stuff like this -> Fantasy AU, Boarding School, Hollywood, New York, Foreign Countries, etc.)
I love Fantasy and Medieval settings. Nothing gets my book nerd blood pumping like horse rides and sword fights and no showers. Yep.
6. What is a book that you want to read purely for the cover?
Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White. Check out that cover and you’ll know why.
7. Is there a book that you’ve tried to read innumerable times but have never been able to finish? What is it?
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore. I have no idea why, I love Graceling and Fire, but I just cannot get into this book. I’ve reread the series a few times, but I can never get more than halfway through Bitterblue.
8. What is your OTP (One True Pairing)?
Oh jeesh, I honestly couldn’t choose. I ship so many couples, it physically hurts me to think about. I love Percy and Annabeth to death and I just read Blood of Olympus so I’m all over them. I honestly just depends on what book I’ve read most recently haha.
9. Why and when did you start your book blog?
I actually started my blog officially about a year ago but barely did anything before giving it up for months. I recently started it back up last month and I’m much more determined now and having a great time. I started it because I’ve always loved books but have a lack of book friends in real life. I wanted to share my thoughts and passion with people who understand and appreciate it. So I started my book blog and recently started up a booktube channel too.
10. If you estimate, what is most books you’ve ever checked out from your library?
In one go? Probably about 20. But over all, I couldn’t even begin to guess. Being completely serious, I kinda have my own spot on the holds shelf, just because I always have so many books waiting for me at the library. The librarians think I’m hilarious.
11. What is your favorite type of post to write for your blog?
I like doing just basic reviews. I love nothing more than reading a good book and getting on and typing up everything I thought. I love when I get into a conversation with someone about it. And, I’ll admit, I like bashing on crappy books sometimes too, you just have to let it out.
1. How many books (estimate) do you currently own? How many have you actually read?
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What was the worst book you’ve read this month?
4. What was the first book you fell in love with?
5. Hard copies or ebooks? Why?
6. If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be?
7. If you could change the ending of any book, what would it be and how would you change it?
8. What’s one book you would read to make you feel better if you were having a bad day?
9. Who is your favorite author and why?
10. What are your top three favorite genres?
11. What book or series do you hate the most? Why?
People I’m Tagging: